Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSS] Migrate from svn to git for source control?

Re: [DISCUSS] Migrate from svn to git for source control?
Personally, I would love us to use something like gerrit.

My current review workflow requires me to download the patch, apply it on
latest trunk and look at the diff in an IDE. I still might want to do it
for big patches, but I would love to be able to just see the diff directly.
Also, it would be nicer to look at the diff between versions. I understand
RB provides most of these, but I felt and heard gerrit is somehow better.

I am not sure using gerrit to commit to different branches is possible
though. I heard about other ASF projects getting resistance because it is a
headless user (gerrit) committing and not a person.
On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 9:54 AM, Alejandro Abdelnur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>