Hadoop, mail # dev - Plans of moving towards JDK7 in trunk

Re: Plans of moving towards JDK7 in trunk
Eli Collins 2014-04-10, 17:13
On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 6:49 AM, Raymie Stata <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
All good reasons for why we should start thinking about a plan for v3. The
points above pertain to any features for trunk that break compatibility,
not just ones that use new Java APIs.  We shouldn't permit incompatible
changes to merge to v2 just because we don't yet have a timeline for v3, we
should figure out the latter. Also motivates finishing the work to isolate
dependencies between Hadoop code, other framework code, and user code.

Let's speak less abstractly, are there particular features or new
dependencies that you would like to contribute (or see contributed) that
require using the Java 1.7 APIs?  Breaking compat in v2 or rolling a v3
release are both non-trivial, not something I suspect we'd want to do just
because it would be, for example, nicer to have a newer version of Jetty.

Thanks,
Eli