Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Need some help with Hadoop QA report

Re: Need some help with Hadoop QA report
Answers in red:

1) It states "-1 core tests <...>".  Does it mean one core test failed
after the proposed patch?  If yes, where can I find some info about what
exactly failed?
If I follow "Test results" link below, I see "111 failures (+80) , 129
skipped (+23)".  Does it mean "total 111 tests failed which is 80 more
because of the patch"?
Where can I see errors only for those failed tests which failed because of
this patch?
If I expand (press "+" at Failed test column), I see errors which do not
look relevant to that patch:
Timed out waiting for Mini HDFS Cluster to start
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/hadoop/mapreduce/
v2/jobhistory/JobHistoryUtils
etc...

Ans: "-1" stands for the vote given by the test framework. That means the
patch submitted does provide a clean build as it has failed test cases.
What unit test cases failed due to the patch are mentioned in the jira
ticket.
2) Hadoop QA reports that "-1 findbugs. The patch appears to cause Findbugs
(version 2.0.3) to fail." but there is no other information.  How can I
figure out what's wrong?

Ans: Due to the patch, findbugs plugin in the build if failing. You can run
the same on your machine as well to see if it's causing any new issues with
and without applying your patch.

In other words, I am asking for help about how to understand from that
report what's wrong with that patch.
On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 5:11 PM, Dmitry Sivachenko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>