Hadoop, mail # dev - Re: [DISCUSS] Migrate from svn to git for source control? - 2014-08-06, 21:16

Re: [DISCUSS] Migrate from svn to git for source control?
I plan to propose the following in the vote thread. Please advise on more
details to be added and/or concerns you have so we avoid the overhead of
doing this in the vote thread.

1. Migrate from subversion to git for version control
2. Force-push to be disabled on trunk and branch-* branches. Applying
changes from any of trunk/branch-* to any of branch-* should be through
"git cherry-pick -x".
3. Force-push on feature-branches is allowed. Before pulling in a feature,
the feature-branch should be rebased on latest trunk and the changes
applied to trunk through "git rebase --onto" or "git cherry-pick
<commit-range>".
4. The use of tags stay the same after the migration.

On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 11:41 PM, Andrew Wang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>