Hadoop >> mail # user >> Re: Setting Hadoop on LinuxContainers Fails.

Re: Setting Hadoop on LinuxContainers Fails.
Hi Mingjiang,
I resolved the issue partially after spending a day over it.

The issue was coming due to multiple IP's getting assigned to the
linuxcontainer when cloning the existing container. I did manually  made
changed in the container configuration file, check this

sudo cat /var/lib/lxc/Hadoop2/config
lxc.network.type = veth
lxc.network.link = lxcbr0
lxc.network.flags = up
lxc.network.hwaddr = 00:16:3e:cd:ca:09
lxc.devttydir = lxc
lxc.tty = 4
lxc.pts = 1024
lxc.arch = i686
lxc.cap.drop = sys_module mac_admin
lxc.pivotdir = lxc_putold
lxc.cgroup.memory.limit_in_bytes = 3990M
lxc.network.ipv4 = 10.0.3.148 ( It was 10.0.3.201)
lxc.utsname = Hadoop2
lxc.mount = /var/lib/lxc/Hadoop2/fstab
lxc.rootfs = /var/lib/lxc/Hadoop2/rootfs

I modified the lxc.network.ipv4 to the same IP that I was seeing in the
SHUTDOWN_MSG

14/03/24 09:31:02 INFO datanode.DataNode: SHUTDOWN_MSG:
*SHUTDOWN_MSG: Shutting down DataNode at Hadoop2/10.0.3.148
<http://10.0.3.148>*

Needless to say I have to make changes in the hadoop config files like
core-site.xml/hdfs-site.xml appropriately.

Regards,
Vicky