Hadoop, mail # dev - Plans of moving towards JDK7 in trunk

Re: Plans of moving towards JDK7 in trunk
Karthik Kambatla 2014-04-08, 17:13
+1 to NOT breaking compatibility in branch-2.

I think it is reasonable to require JDK7 for trunk, if we limit use of
JDK7-only API to security fixes etc. If we make other optimizations (like
IO), it would be a pain to backport things to branch-2. I guess this all
depends on when we see ourselves shipping Hadoop-3. Any ideas on that?