Hadoop >> mail # user >> Fwd: Trying to build Hadoop on Windows 8

Re: Fwd: Trying to build Hadoop on Windows 8
There are no official Apache Hadoop binaries for Windows.

I recall hitting the same error (MSB4019) with a bad SDK installation.

Can you copy paste all environment variables from your build prompt (just
the output of the 'set' command)? I can compare with what I have on my
build machine.