Hadoop, mail # user - HDFS Federation address performance issue

Re: HDFS Federation address performance issue
Daryn Sharp 2014-01-28, 18:54
Hi Anfernee,

You will achieve improved performance with federation only if you stripe files across the multiple NNs.  Federation basically shares DN storage with multiple NNs with the expectation the namespace load will be distributed across the multiple NNs.  If everything writes to the exact same parent directory then no benefit is achieved over a single NN.  You will need to partition your jobs so some write to one NN, other jobs write to the other NN(s).

I hope this helps!

Daryn

On Jan 28, 2014, at 12:04 PM, Anfernee Xu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>