Hadoop >> mail # user >> How to submit the patch MAPREDUCE-4490.patch which works for branch-1.2, not trunk?

Re: How to submit the patch MAPREDUCE-4490.patch which works for branch-1.2, not trunk?
Hi Arpit,

Thanks for your guide!  As a new contributor, I still have following two
questions need your help:

1) So I guess I should run 'test-patch.sh' on my local environment against
branch-1.2, not on Apache Hadoop test server, right?
2) On branch-1.2, I found the 'test-patch.sh' is on
./src/test/bin/test-patch.sh, not ./dev-support/test-patch.sh. My command
is 'sh ./src/test/bin/test-patch.sh MAPREDUCE-4490.patch', however failed
with message 'ERROR: usage ./src/test/bin/test-patch.sh HUDSON [args] |
DEVELOPER [args]'. What's the correct way to manually run 'test-patch.sh'?