Hadoop >> mail # dev >> test-patch.sh physical OOM errors

test-patch.sh physical OOM errors
Hi all,

I've seen a few precommit builds recently fail with an error like this:

https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HDFS-Build/6103/artifact/trunk/patchprocess/trunkJavadocWarnings.txt

I think this might be related to HADOOP-10325, which involves doing an
additional maven invocation. The error looks like the machines are running
out of physical memory.

As a bandaid fix, I lowered the MAVEN_OPTS -Xmx from 3000 to 1024 for the
HDFS precommit job. I don't set this propery locally, and neither does the
HADOOP PreCommit job. YARN's uses 1024, so I figure that's a nice
conservative value.

Anyway, let me know if we start hitting Java OOMs instead and I can up it
again, or feel free to tweak this value yourself.

Best,
Andrew