Hadoop, mail # dev - Re: Logistics for releasing 2.4 - 2014-01-23, 06:00

Re: Logistics for releasing 2.4
On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 5:21 PM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I think the 'monthly' was a rough measure.  Every 6-8 weeks works too.  A
regular release schedule works nicely over in hbaselandia in our 0.94
branch run by one of the lads.  Once the cadence is established, stuff
comes in when it is 'ready'.  There is no need to hurry up because the
release train will be by again soon enough.  Stuff comes in when it is
'ready'.

Go easy.  There has been no expression of dissatisfaction.

On other hand, do you 'own' 2.x releases?

Over in hbase, we like to mix it up; spreads the work and how its done in
case one of us gets hit by a bus.

Good on you Arun,
St.Ack