Hadoop >> mail # user >> Unmanaged application issue on YARN

Unmanaged application issue on YARN
Hi all,

I build an ummanaged application and submit it to yarn ( hadoop 2.2). But
encounter the following exception:

Caused by:
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException(org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException):
SIMPLE authentication is not enabled.  Available:[TOKEN]

at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Invoker.invoke(
ProtobufRpcEngine.java:206)

at $Proxy9.registerApplicationMaster(Unknown Source)

at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.api.impl.pb.client.ApplicationMasterProtocolPBClientImpl.registerApplicationMaster(
ApplicationMasterProtocolPBClientImpl.java:106)
I find there's one jira ticket very similar to this issue, but looks like
it has been resolved in 2.2
I find that ResourceTrackerService will use simple authentication but
ApplicationMasterService will use token. The reason I think is at the
following code snippet in ApplicationMasterSerivce ( line 127 )
   serverConf.set(

        CommonConfigurationKeysPublic.HADOOP_SECURITY_AUTHENTICATION,

        SaslRpcServer.AuthMethod.TOKEN.toString());
I'm not sure why here use the token, could any help explain that and guide
me how to resolve my issue? Thanks
Jeff Zhang