Hadoop, mail # user - Re: Update interval of default counters

Re: Update interval of default counters
Dharmesh Kakadia 2014-04-16, 06:43
Hi Akira,

Thanks for the reply, but as I understand this is the interval of console
counter printing. What I am trying to get

while(!job.isComplete()){
 getcounters() and do some processing on that.
}

Now this is running fine, but the status I get the same counter values
repeatedly and then suddenly a big change in counter values.
For example, getcounters for REDUCE_INPUT_RECORDS returns values like

0
0
..
0
280
280
280
516
516
516

etc.

I want to get more finer values, instead of directly jumping from 280 to
516.
Did that make sense? mapreduce.client.progressmonitor.pollinterval does not
seem to effect it. Any workaround ?

Thanks,
Dharmesh
On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 7:51 PM, Akira AJISAKA