Zookeeper, mail # dev - question about getChildren and queue recipe

question about getChildren and queue recipe
Alexander Shraer 2012-09-04, 01:10
Hi,

I have 2 questions:
- why was it decided not to guarantee any order on the list returned from
getChildren, given that many use-cases require looking on the child with
the smallest id ?
Why not just keep this list in a sorted form on the server ?

-  In the queue recipe (src/recipes/queue), if element() is called twice
we'll always do getChildren twice. Wouldn't
it be better to save the list of children we got from the first element()
call and when going over the list
remove elements from it whenever we see that someone deleted the
corresponding node ?

Thanks,
Alex