Hadoop >> mail # user >> Hodoop namenode startup problem

Hodoop namenode startup problem
I am currently stuck with hadoop namenode that won't start.

When I type "start-all.sh", everything prints out fine.
But when I type "jps", only JobTracker is activated.

When this happens, I usually format the namenode.

But the problem is that there are 500gigs of date in HDFS.
So I really want to save the data.

Can anyone give help please?