HBase, mail # dev - HBase fixes in Maven Repo

+
Varun Sharma 2013-04-09, 20:17
Re: HBase fixes in Maven Repo
Nick Dimiduk 2013-04-09, 20:47
Hi Varun,

Is this an official release of 0.94? Where's the announcement? What do you
mean "linked against hbase-commons"? I'm not seeing it on the repo [0]. Why
was this special point-release produced? Lars is the release manager for
0.94, why isn't he doing this?

In short, an OSS project teetering on the edge of 1.0 dropping an
"official" custom build is highly unusual. It is my opinion that further
explanation is necessary.

Thanks,
Nick

[0]: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/hbase/hbase/

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 1:17 PM, Varun Sharma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I uploaded a custom built HBase version 0.94.3.1 into the Maven repo. It
> has two fixes applied against our stock version:
>
> 1) HBASE 8285 - Our thrift clients never recover from failed region servers
> until they are restarted
> 2) HBASE 8284 - Enhancements to ColumnPaginationFilter.
>
> This is now linked against the hbase-commons. If you have any questions,
> please let me know...
>
> Thanks
> Varun

+