HBase >> mail # user >> Issues suitable for GSOC2012

Issues suitable for GSOC2012
Hi,

Are there HBase features or issues in JIRA suitable for GSOC?  I'm asking because I couldn't find any mentions of GSOC on this ML (see http://search-hadoop.com/?q=gsoc&sort=newestOnTop&fc_project=HBase).

This is what Lucene/Solr folks did: http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/SummerOfCode2012 with the most valuable piece there being that link at the end, which leads to https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=labels+%3D+lucene-gsoc-12 .

Why not do that for HBase?

Otis
----
Internships at Sematext: http://blog.sematext.com/2012/03/06/internships-at-sematext-in-2012/