Flume >> mail # user >> Events being cut by flume

+
ZORAIDA HIDALGO SANCHEZ 2013-08-27, 10:20
+
Israel Ekpo 2013-08-27, 14:29
+
ZORAIDA HIDALGO SANCHEZ 2013-08-27, 15:13
+
Israel Ekpo 2013-08-27, 15:53
+
ZORAIDA HIDALGO SANCHEZ 2013-09-05, 15:34
Re: Events being cut by flume
One more thing, I have read a thread (the last answer)  but I am not able to find .flumespool-main.meta into .flumespool dir(which is created but remains empty all the time):

https://groups.google.com/a/cloudera.org/forum/#!topic/cdh-user/eIEOwfKyaX0

Any idea?

Thanks

De: zoraida <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
Responder a: Flume User List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
Fecha: jueves, 5 de septiembre de 2013 17:34
Para: Flume User List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
Asunto: Re: Events being cut by flume

Hi Israel,

sorry for the delay. I tried your suggestion but still does not work. I have notice that if I do not specify the input/output encoding, the error is the same(always stops in the same event cutting it at the same character and stop of processing the rest of the file). However, comparing the resulting file with the one that we get when specifying enconding we have note that there are some differences. Specifically, the are some events that are spllited into two events because some break line is introduced(this happens when specifying the encoding). It looks like our files are not UTF-8 but the OS recognize them as UTF-8(some of them have BOM and others not). However, flume does not recognize them as UTF-8 because some weird character.

Thanks for your help, any other suggestion will be very appreciated.