Hive, mail # user - Tables and importing

+
Mark 2010-12-15, 23:33
+
Leo Alekseyev 2010-12-15, 23:51
Re: Tables and importing
Viral Bajaria 2010-12-16, 00:48
I had another question about the LOAD DATA LOCAL INPATH

it does a exec.CopyTask first and then does a exec.MoveTask but I think it
is leaving a file handle open because when I run a thread which bulk inserts
data into partitions the open file count for the user under which my hive
thrift server runs keeps on increasing till it reaches the max after which i
start getting "connection refused".

I am currently still on hive 0.5.0 and have checked out the svn repository
but can't exactly figure out the location where the files are being left
open.

anyone aware of similar problems ?

Thanks
Viral