Hadoop >> mail # user >> out of memory running examples

RE: out of memory running examples
Tim,

I got exactly the same error and I had hard time to interpret your step. Can
you please clarify?

"After nuking /etc/hadoop, wiping out the hadoop-1.0.0 directory, closing my
ssh session, and trying again, it works. "

1) remove /etc/hadoop (in my case it's /usr/etc/hadoop).
2) remove the hadoop-1.0.0 directory. What's its path?
3) restart ssh session?
4) re-try.

Thanks
- Elto