Hadoop >> mail # dev >> More information regarding the Project suggestions given on the Hadoop website

+
Varsha Raveendran 2013-01-16, 14:24
Re: More information regarding the Project suggestions given on the Hadoop website
I'm not sure I am exactly the right person for this, but I assume that you
are familiar with genetic algorithms.  The Mahout Project is probably a
good place to start http://mahout.apache.org/ they have a number of
machine learning algorithms that run on top of Hadoop.  I did a search and
it looks like there may already be some support for them in Mahout, but I
don't know the current state of it.  It looked like there was some
discussion about it being abandoned and might be deleted.  Either way it
would be a good starting point.  Commons Math may be a good place to look
too because there is an implementation there that is already Apache
licensed. So if you borrow some of the code there is no issue
http://commons.apache.org/math/userguide/genetics.html.

--Bobby Evans

On 1/16/13 8:24 AM, "Varsha Raveendran" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>Hello!
>
>I require information regarding a project given on the Hadoop website. Can
>anyone guide me in the right direction?
>
>The project is "Implement a library/framework to support Genetic
>Algorithms<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_algorithm>on Hadoop
>Map-Reduce."
>

>Regards,
>Varsha