Hive >> mail # user >> How to change the hive.metastore.warehouse.dir ?

+
jinhang du 2011-05-18, 04:53
Re: How to change the hive.metastore.warehouse.dir ?
check your dfs.permissions in hdfs-site.xml, I am guessing it's set to true.

If that's the case and you point the hive warehouse dir to an existing path
in hdfs the chances are the user that run's the hive jobs does not have
permissions on that path.

-Viral
On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 9:53 PM, jinhang du <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> hi,
> The default value is "/user/hive/warehouse" in hive.site.xml. After I
> changed the directory to a path on HDFS, I got the exception.
>
> FAILED: Error in metadata: MetaException(message:Got exception:
> org.apache.hadoop.security.
> AccessControlException org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException:
> Permission denied:
> user=root, access=WRITE, inode="output
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask
>
> Is this failure related to the hadoop-site.xml or something?
> Thanks for your help.
>
> --
> dujinhang

+