Hive >> mail # user >> How to change the hive.metastore.warehouse.dir ?

Re: How to change the hive.metastore.warehouse.dir ?
check your dfs.permissions in hdfs-site.xml, I am guessing it's set to true.

If that's the case and you point the hive warehouse dir to an existing path
in hdfs the chances are the user that run's the hive jobs does not have
permissions on that path.

-Viral