Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Transition from MockAccumulo to a full blown local instance

Re: Transition from MockAccumulo to a full blown local instance
Keith,

I can definitely see the advantages of not wanting to spin up a mini cluster
for testing - its currently killing HBase's test suite run time.

As far as cutting down the mocks, I'm all for it. One of the big advantages
of having a mini cluster run in the same jvm is that it behaves _exactly_
like a real cluster, so if your tests pass locally, then there is a very
good chance that it will run in production. Using the mock mechanism, its
more of a sanity check - yeah, its doing what I think, but I'm still praying
that it won't break my cluster.

I opened ACCUMULO-14 to discuss it further.

-Jesse Yates