Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Hadoop-1.0.0 release candidate 2

+
Matt Foley 2011-12-08, 19:57
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-12-09, 22:47
+
Matt Foley 2011-12-09, 23:26
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-12-09, 23:57
+
Matt Foley 2011-12-10, 00:30
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-12-10, 00:39
+
Chris K Wensel 2011-12-13, 21:02
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-12-10, 02:21
Re: [VOTE] Hadoop-1.0.0 release candidate 2
Hey Roman,

That problem is at Hive end. You can try out the patch at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-2631 to unblock your testing.

Thanks,
Ashutosh

On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 18:21, Roman Shaposhnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> +Carl (the only person from Hive project I know ;-))
>
> On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 11:57 AM, Matt Foley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> > I have posted a release candidate for Hadoop 1.0.0 at
> >    http://people.apache.org/~mattf/hadoop-1.0.0-rc2/
>
> Ok, my test run is now past HBase (horray! that works).
>
> That's the good news so far. The bad news is -- this release
> is incompatible with hive:
>
> $ hive
> Hive requires Hadoop 0.20.x (x >= 1).
> 'hadoop version' returned:
> Hadoop 1.0.0.2 Subversion -r Compiled by jenkins on Fri Dec 9 13:29:12 EST
> 2011
>
> This is, of course, a minor, but a VERY annoying thing.
>
> Thoughts on what to do?
>
> Thanks,
> Roman.
>
> P.S. I wish the test run took less than half a day :-(

+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-12-10, 03:52
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-12-10, 19:23