Avro >> mail # user >> Flushing data to an avro file

Flushing data to an avro file
Hello,

I am using the DataFileWriter to create an avro file and was wondering is
doing a DataFileWriter#close the only way of committing the data to the
file? I tried doing a DataFileWriter#flush but no dice. I wanted a
capability where I can keep appending to an avro file without the need to
close it and reopen it every single time.