Hadoop, mail # general - Status of 2.0.4-alpha release

+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-04-03, 22:29
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-04-04, 20:22
+
Hitesh Shah 2013-04-04, 20:53
+
Siddharth Seth 2013-04-04, 21:27
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-04-04, 21:30
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-04-04, 22:18
Re: Status of 2.0.4-alpha release
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-04-10, 01:33

I requested Xuan Gong to help me dig into this and he figured out the test-failures.

The patch for MAPREDUCE-5006 addresses the test-issues. I just merged MAPREDUCE-5006 into branch-2.0.4-alpha.

Will report today's nightly build's result. Once it is a success, we are good for the release.

Thanks,
+Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli

On Apr 4, 2013, at 3:18 PM, Konstantin Boudnik wrote:

> Unless the failing unit tests are considering blockers...
>
> Cos
>
> On Thu, Apr 04, 2013 at 01:22PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli wrote:
>>
>> Great news! We can go forward with releasing 2.0.4-alpha now, thanks!
>>
>> +Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli
>>
>> On Apr 3, 2013, at 3:29 PM, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:
>>
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> Thanks to the tireless work of the Bigtop and Hadoop committers
>>> we've made quite a bit of progress on 2.0.4-alpha. The build
>>> pipeline that we've setup seems to be rather nice (and perhaps
>>> could be utilized for all future releases of Hadoop). The first
>>> stage of the pipeline is available here:
>>>   https://builds.apache.org/view/Hadoop/job/Hadoop-branch-2.0.4/
>>> and the second one over here:
>>>   http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/view/Bigtop-trunk/job/Bigtop-trunk-Hadoop/
>>>
>>> Anybody who's interested in helping with a release is more than
>>> welcome to get either tarballs or packages from these 2 jobs.
>>>
>>> As far as testing is concerned we're now completely unblocked
>>> for both unsecure and fully kerberized testing modes and Bigtop
>>> is proceeding with the rest of the testing process. We've got
>>> 4 unit test failures left:
>>>   https://builds.apache.org/view/Hadoop/job/Hadoop-branch-2.0.4/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/
>>> which I'm going to file JIRAs for.
>>>
>>> Given that I don't see any current showstoppers in ASF JIRA
>>> and hoping that the rest of Bigtop testing doesn't discover
>>> anything major do you guys think we can release sometime
>>> next week?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Roman.

+