Accumulo >> mail # user >> Best practices in sizing values?

RE: Best practices in sizing values?
Josh,
That is an interesting idea.  Would you link them through the keys, or append the key to the end of the value of the previous part?
You have thoughts on how big the chunks should be?
I definitely agree that it would be better to keep the data in Accumulo, vice references to the HDFS.  Accumulo already gives me a scheme for organizing files very effectively on the HDFS, rolling my own doesn't make sense, unless I don't have a good sense for the limitations of a tablet server to manage those large files.
Thanks,
Frank