Hive >> mail # user >> Re: How to write Block of queries in Hive?

Re: How to write Block of queries in Hive?
Hi Bhavesh,

[moving discussion to hive user list]

I would suggest you to send your discussion to hive user list in order to
reach a broader audience.

As per my understanding, in the query- map_script and reduce_script are
custom scripts that run as a streaming jobs. You are asking hive to run
map_script as mapper job on 3 columns to generate 3 new values- c1, c2, c3.
After this, hive will sort your records on c1 and c2 and distribute them to
reducers based on c3 values. 'reduce_scripts' will consume these 3 records
and generate 2 records to store in pv_users_reduced.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,
Aniket

--