Zookeeper, mail # user - stunnel and zookeeper and timeouts

stunnel and zookeeper and timeouts
Prakash 2012-12-14, 19:56
I am running a 3 cluster setup where the zookeeper connections (both client
- server and server - server ) run through stunnel. Stunnel has an idle
timeout setting, where if it sees a connection that is idle (default 12
hours) it tries to close it. I see that for the server to server, there are
two ports/connections configured in zookeeper. One for followers to be
connected to the leader and a separate one for leader election.

My question is, after the cluster is bought up, and leader election is
done, is there any activity (keep-alive etc) on the leader election
connections, if things are operating normally?

If not, i am worried stunnel will try to close this port as there is no
activity.

Thanks,
-Prakash