HBase, mail # user - Hbase performance with HDFS

Re: Hbase performance with HDFS
Mohit Anchlia 2011-07-07, 18:53
I have looked at bigtable and it's ssTables etc. But my question is
directly related to how it's used with HDFS. HDFS recommends large
files, bigger blocks, write once and read many sequential reads. But
accessing small rows and writing small rows is more random and
different than inherent design of HDFS. How do these 2 go together and
is able to provide performance.