Avro, mail # user - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.codehaus.jackson.JsonFactory.enable

+
felix gao 2011-01-24, 21:11
+
Chase Bradford 2011-01-24, 21:18
+
felix gao 2011-01-24, 22:09
+
felix gao 2011-01-24, 22:40
+
Scott Carey 2011-01-24, 23:13
Re: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.codehaus.jackson.JsonFactory.enable
Tatu Saloranta 2011-01-24, 23:44
On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 3:13 PM, Scott Carey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> That is confusing.  Can you capture the classpath of an actual task process,
> not just the TT?  They shouldn't differ much, but it is worth checking.
> Jackson 1.3 (or was it 1.2?) and above have all been backwards compatible
> with each other I believe.   And the error you are getting is definitely
> caused by accessing the enable() methods that were added after 1.0.1.
> I can change the Avro dependency on Jackson to 1.5.5, 1.7.1, or 1.3, and
> unit tests pass.  If I change it to 1.2, 1.1, or 1.0.1 they break.

Just in case anyone is interested, this is due to change in 1.3.0
which changed return type of configuration method from 'void' to
ObjectMapper, to allow fluent-style chaining of configuration. This is
source compatible, but unfortunately binary incompatible change. On
plus side, it is the only known such problem, which makes it easier to
recognize.

-+ Tatu +-
+
felix gao 2011-01-25, 00:06