Chukwa, mail # user - my java process not terminating if agent is not started

my java process not terminating if agent is not started
Abhijit Dhar 2012-03-15, 00:50
I am seeing that if my agents are not up, it is preventing my program to
terminate.
I'm using ChukwaDailyRollingFileAppender.
I debugged and found that ChukwaAgentController tries to retry and schedules
to create a new adapter after 1800000 ms(default) and does 49 retries.

I think since it is not a daemon thread, my program just keeps waiting for
all these retry scheduled threads to finish even after my main method
finishes.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Abhijit