Hadoop >> mail # user >> what's going on :( ?

+
Mark Kerzner 2009-02-10, 05:43
+
Amar Kamat 2009-02-10, 05:48
Re: what's going on :( ?
Hey Mark,

In NameNode.java, the DEFAULT_PORT specified for NameNode RPC is 8020.
>From my understanding of the code, your fs.default.name setting should
have overridden this port to be 9000. It appears your Hadoop
installation has not picked up the configuration settings
appropriately. You might want to see if you have any Hadoop processes
running and terminate them (bin/stop-all.sh should help) and then
restart your cluster with the new configuration to see if that helps.

Later,
Jeff

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 9:48 PM, Amar Kamat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Mark Kerzner wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> Hi,
>>
>> why is hadoop suddenly telling me
>>
>>  Retrying connect to server: localhost/127.0.0.1:8020
>>
>> with this configuration
>>
>> <configuration>
>>  <property>
>>    <name>fs.default.name</name>