Hadoop >> mail # general >> [VOTE] Release hadoop-0.22.0-rc0

Re: [VOTE] Release hadoop-0.22.0-rc0
On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 6:48 PM, Eric Baldeschwieler
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm fine with the idea of alpha releases. I think they are important.  I'm a bit confused on where this is going.
>
> what are your criteria for declaring the 0.22 branch stable?

I am not declaring anything. I am just proposing a release, which a
part of the community worked on and which runs on several clusters
that I can observe.
It is up to the community to decide what is stable and what is not.

> Is compatibility with 1.0 and security a goal for this release line?

As previously discussed security is turned off in this release.
LinuxTaskController has been removed.
I don't know what you mean by compatibility with 1.0.

--Konstantin