Pig >> mail # dev >> Newbie / Simple issues

+
Dmitriy Ryaboy 2012-04-29, 22:44
+
Bill Graham 2012-04-30, 04:17
+
Jakob Homan 2012-04-30, 16:26
+
Dmitriy Ryaboy 2012-04-30, 20:44
+
Jakob Homan 2012-05-06, 02:57
+
Jeremy Hanna 2012-05-07, 15:49
Re: Newbie / Simple issues
So, did we reach an agreement?
Will "simple" be the standard? I also personally don't like newbie and
acronyms are not self-explanatory.

Whatever we do we should document it in the wiki.

Cheers,
--
Gianmarco
On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 5:49 PM, Jeremy Hanna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> fwiw - the cassandra project adopted lhf for "low hanging fruit" to avoid
> being condescending but yeah - sounds like newbie has become a standard for
> other projects.
>
> e.g.
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+12310865+AND+labels+%3D+lhf+AND+status+!%3D+resolved
>
> On May 5, 2012, at 9:57 PM, Jakob Homan wrote:
>
> > I agree.  My choice had been 'starter-issues.'  Oh, well.
> >
> > On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 1:44 PM, Dmitriy Ryaboy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >> It's an unfortunate standard -- I saw people (new to the jira /
> >> apache) using that tag as "I am a newbie and I have this problem",
> >> where the problem is quite complicated. Also, I don't like the term
> >> newbie in general :-).
> >> I'll edit confluence to have the right link.

> 'newbie' tag,

> get

> earlier
> >>>>>

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+PIG+AND+%28labels+%3D+newbie+OR+labels+%3D+simple%29+and+status+%3D+open