Pig >> mail # user >> Input and output path

+
Mohit Anchlia 2012-09-10, 23:11
Re: Input and output path
Mohit,

I guess you could use parameters substitution here
http://wiki.apache.org/pig/ParameterSubstitution

Also, a note about your architecture:
You can consider using Hive partitions to effectively select
appropriate dates in the folder names. But as your tool is Pig, not
Hive, you can use HCatalog as a layer

Best Regards

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 3:11 AM, Mohit Anchlia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Our input path is something like YYYY/MM/DD/HH/input and we like to write
> to YYYY/MM/DD/HH/output . Is it possible to get the input path as a String
> and convert it to YYYY/MM/DD/HH/output that I can use in "store into"
> clause?
+
Mohit Anchlia 2012-09-10, 23:29
+