Hadoop >> mail # user >> We are looking to the root of the problem that caused us IOException

+
Guy Doulberg 2011-04-05, 06:53
+
elton sky 2011-04-05, 07:17
+
Guy Doulberg 2011-04-05, 09:54
+
Ted Dunning 2011-04-05, 15:45
+
Guy Doulberg 2011-04-06, 06:34
Re: We are looking to the root of the problem that caused us IOException
yes.  At least periodically.

You now have a situation where the age distribution of blocks in each
datanode is quite different.  This will lead to different evolution of which
files are retained and that is likely to cause imbalances again.  It will
also cause the performance of your system to be degraded since any given
program probably will have a non-uniform distribution of content in your
cluster.

Over time, this effect will probably decrease unless you keep your old files
forever.

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 11:34 PM, Guy Doulberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Do you think we should always run the balance, with low bandwidth, and not
> only after adding new nodes?

+
Guy Doulberg 2011-04-06, 08:00