HBase, mail # user - Never ending major compaction?

Never ending major compaction?
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-01-01, 19:42
Hi,

I have a table, with about 200 000 raws, keys is string[64] (ish) and
value is string[512].

It's splitted over 16 regions located on 7 regionservers.

So it's not a big table, and there is a lot of horsepower behind it.

I asked a major_compaction few hours ago. Let's say, about 5 hours
ago. and it's still compacting! But all servers activities seems to be
null. CPU usage is almost 0.

There is nothing on the master logs.

How can I see what's going on? Is there a way to see the compaction queue?

JM