MapReduce >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.1.0-beta

+
Arun C Murthy 2013-07-30, 13:29
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-07-30, 17:59
+
Bikas Saha 2013-07-31, 16:33
+
Steve Loughran 2013-08-02, 13:29
+
Tsuyoshi OZAWA 2013-08-05, 12:55
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-07-31, 02:45
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-08-01, 16:44
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-08-01, 18:30
+
Kihwal Lee 2013-08-08, 15:14
+
Karthik Kambatla 2013-08-13, 17:37
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-08-15, 21:15
+
Kihwal Lee 2013-08-16, 17:13
+
Kihwal Lee 2013-08-16, 17:13
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-08-16, 17:34
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-08-16, 17:39
+
Arun Murthy 2013-08-16, 20:44
+
Kihwal Lee 2013-08-16, 21:55
+
Kihwal Lee 2013-08-16, 22:04
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-08-16, 23:22
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-08-16, 23:36
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-08-17, 02:20
+
Aaron T. Myers 2013-08-21, 01:09
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-08-21, 02:27
+
Sandy Ryza 2013-08-21, 08:36
+
Stack 2013-08-21, 00:35
St.Ack wrote:

> + Once I figured where the logs were, found that JAVA_HOME was not being
> exported (don't need this in hadoop-2.0.5 for instance).  Adding an
> exported JAVA_HOME to my running shell which don't seem right but it took
> care of it (I gave up pretty quick on messing w/
> yarn.nodemanager.env-whitelist and yarn.nodemanager.admin-env -- I wasn't
> getting anywhere)

I thought that we were always supposed to have JAVA_HOME set when
running any of these commands.  At least, I do.  How else can the
system disambiguate between different Java installs?  I need 2
installs to test with JDK7.

> + This did not seem to work for me:
> <name>hadoop.security.group.mapping</name>
> <value>org.apache.hadoop.security.JniBasedUnixGroupsMappingWithFallback</va
> lue>.

We've seen this before.  I think your problem is that you have
java.library.path set correctly (what System.loadLibrary checks), but
your system library path does not include a necessary dependency of
libhadoop.so-- most likely, libjvm.so.  Probably, we should fix
NativeCodeLoader to actually make a function call in libhadoop.so
before it declares everything OK.

Colin
On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 5:35 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 2:15 PM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Folks,
>>
>> I've created a release candidate (rc2) for hadoop-2.1.0-beta that I would
>> like to get released - this fixes the bugs we saw since the last go-around
>> (rc1).
>>
>> The RC is available at:
>> http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.1.0-beta-rc2/
>> The RC tag in svn is here:
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.1.0-beta-rc2

> It basically works (in insecure mode), +1.
>
> + Checked signature.
> + Ran on small cluster w/ small load made using mapreduce interfaces.
> + Got the HBase full unit test suite to pass on top of it.
>
> I had the following issues getting it to all work. I don't know if they are
> known issues so will just list them here first.
>
> + I could not find documentation on how to go from tarball to running
> cluster (the bundled 'cluster' and 'standalone' doc are not about how to
> get this tarball off the ground).
> + I had a bit of a struggle putting this release in place under hbase unit
> tests.  The container would just exit w/ 127 errcode.  No logs in expected
> place.  Tripped over where minimrcluster was actually writing.  Tried to
> corral it so it played nicely w/o our general test setup but found that the
> new mini clusters have 'target' hardcoded as output dirs.
> + Once I figured where the logs were, found that JAVA_HOME was not being
> exported (don't need this in hadoop-2.0.5 for instance).  Adding an
> exported JAVA_HOME to my running shell which don't seem right but it took
> care of it (I gave up pretty quick on messing w/
> yarn.nodemanager.env-whitelist and yarn.nodemanager.admin-env -- I wasn't
> getting anywhere)
> + This did not seem to work for me:
> <name>hadoop.security.group.mapping</name>
> <value>org.apache.hadoop.security.JniBasedUnixGroupsMappingWithFallback</value>.
>  It just did this:
>
> Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
> org.apache.hadoop.security.JniBasedUnixGroupsMapping.anchorNative()V
> at org.apache.hadoop.security.JniBasedUnixGroupsMapping.anchorNative(Native
> Method)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.security.JniBasedUnixGroupsMapping.<clinit>(JniBasedUnixGroupsMapping.java:49)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.security.JniBasedUnixGroupsMappingWithFallback.<init>(JniBasedUnixGroupsMappingWithFallback.java:38)
>
> ..so I replaced it
> w/ org.apache.hadoop.security.ShellBasedUnixGroupsMapping on the hbase-side
> to get my cluster up and running.
>
> + Untarring the bin dir, it undoes as hadoop-X.Y.Z-beta.  Undoing the src
> dir it undoes as hadoop-X.Y.Z-beta-src.  I'd have thought they would undo
> into the one directory overlaying each other.
+
Stack 2013-08-21, 22:49
+
Colin McCabe 2013-08-22, 17:08
+
Jason Lowe 2013-08-21, 22:54
+
Siddharth Seth 2013-08-21, 20:27
+
Hitesh Shah 2013-08-21, 23:25
+
Bikas Saha 2013-08-22, 20:30
+
Rob Parker 2013-08-22, 17:53
+
Steve Loughran 2013-08-22, 20:39
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-08-25, 19:38
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-08-19, 21:49
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-08-19, 22:52
+
Sandy Ryza 2013-08-19, 22:50