MapReduce >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.1.0-beta

St.Ack wrote:

> + Once I figured where the logs were, found that JAVA_HOME was not being
> exported (don't need this in hadoop-2.0.5 for instance).  Adding an
> exported JAVA_HOME to my running shell which don't seem right but it took
> care of it (I gave up pretty quick on messing w/
> yarn.nodemanager.env-whitelist and yarn.nodemanager.admin-env -- I wasn't
> getting anywhere)

I thought that we were always supposed to have JAVA_HOME set when
running any of these commands.  At least, I do.  How else can the
system disambiguate between different Java installs?  I need 2
installs to test with JDK7.

> + This did not seem to work for me:
> <name>hadoop.security.group.mapping</name>
> <value>org.apache.hadoop.security.JniBasedUnixGroupsMappingWithFallback</va
> lue>.

We've seen this before.  I think your problem is that you have
java.library.path set correctly (what System.loadLibrary checks), but
your system library path does not include a necessary dependency of
libhadoop.so-- most likely, libjvm.so.  Probably, we should fix
NativeCodeLoader to actually make a function call in libhadoop.so
before it declares everything OK.

Colin