From: Andrey Klochkov [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 5:11 PM
To: common-dev
Subject: Re: windows support in trunk?

Great, thanks!

One more question on Windows support: how do I create a distribution and run
it? It's for dev purposes - testing a patch to work on Windows, so I can't
really use HDP. On Linux/OSX I just do a build with -Pdist and then just use
startXXX scripts from hadoop-project-dist/target to run all the daemons. Are
there any docs on how to do it on Windows? E.g. do I need cygwin? I can
build sources without cygwin, but hadoop-project-dist requires shell
executable to build the tarball.

--
Andrey Klochkov
Grid Dynamics