Pig >> mail # user >> Sequence File processing

+
Srini 2012-12-24, 05:24
+
Cheolsoo Park 2012-12-24, 21:37
+
Srini 2012-12-25, 06:35
+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-12-24, 21:39
Re: Sequence File processing
Hi,

Is there any PIG editors and where we can write 100 to 150 pig scripts
I'm believing is not possible to  do in CLI mode .
Like IDE for JAVA /TOAD for SQL pls advice , many thanks
Thanks
On Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 3:09 AM, Mohammad Tariq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> +1
>
> Best Regards,
> Tariq
> +91-9741563634
> https://mtariq.jux.com/
>

> On Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 3:07 AM, Cheolsoo Park <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >wrote:
>
> > Hi Srini,
> >
> > You can use STRSPLIT to split your "value" chararray and define schema
> in a
> > FOREACH. For example, if the "value" consists of 3 integers (i.e.
> "1|2|3"),
> >
> > A= LOAD 'part-m-0000' USING SequenceFileLoader() AS
> > (key:long,value:chararray);
> > B = FOREACH A GENERATE key, FLATTEN( STRSPLIT(value,'\\|') ) AS (i:int,
> > j:int, k:int);
> > DESCRIBE B;
> > DUMP B;
> >
> > This will return:
> >
> > B: {key: chararray,i: int,j: int,k: int}
> > (k,1,2,3)
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Cheolsoo
> >

> > On Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 9:24 PM, Srini <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi ,
> > >
> > > I have used SequeceFileLoader for loading sequence file.
> > >
> > > A= load 'part-m-0000' using SequenceFileLoader() as
> > > (key:long,value:chararray)
> > >
> > > "value" is the  chararray which consists of 10 fields which are
> separated
> > > by delimiter ( "|" here ). How do I create schema here so that I can
> make
> > > further analysis with these fields (such as filter, group )
> > >
> > > Any help is appreciated.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Srini

+