Pig, mail # user - A UDF that is both Algebraic and Accumulator

Re: A UDF that is both Algebraic and Accumulator
Mehmet Tepedelenlioglu 2013-06-04, 18:46
It uses both. They are not contradictory.
________________________________
 From: Ahmed Eldawy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, June 4, 2013 11:31 AM
Subject: A UDF that is both Algebraic and Accumulator

In the Apache Pig documentation, it is mentioned that we can define a UDF
as both Algebraic and Accumulator
http://pig.apache.org/docs/r0.11.1/udf.html#accumulator-interface
If I do such a thing, how Pig decides which interface of them to use. I
assume they are completely separate and they cannot be mixed with each
other. Is there a way to enforce Pig to prefer one of them over the other?

Best regards,
Ahmed Eldawy