Hadoop >> mail # user >> question about failover and fencing

question about failover and fencing
Hi all,

I´m planning to use NN HA and I have a question about fencing:

when you run this command:

hdfs haadmin -failover namenode01 namenode02

the first namenode01 gets allways fenced? or simply gets inactive?

As far as I know the standby nanemode makes the checkpoint task for the
active namenode, so what happens when you fence a namenode, you only have a
namenode, who does the checkpoint task in this scenario?

Thanks in advance,

ESGLinux,