Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Releasing 1.5

Re: Releasing 1.5
So, I have a process in place for releasing the tarballs, rpms, debs,
jars, PDFs, etc. using the maven-release-plugin, that signs and seals
everything and deploys to the staging repository for voting. I'm still
polishing it before I commit it.

However, I've not figured out the best way to generate and release the
hadoop2 variants. They should be released with a classifier to
indicate they are for hadoop2, if they are released, but our build
isn't exactly set up to produce two artifacts per module, and neither
are our scripts capable of dealing with artifacts with classifiers in
them.

My opinion is that we should release for Hadoop 1.0, but support
building from source against 2.0. Since 2.0 is still beta, this seems
acceptable to me, and we can try to do better support for packaging
for 2.0 in Accumulo 1.6.0, with tickets such as ACCUMULO-210 and the
like.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii