Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Re: [VOTE] - Release 2.0.5-beta

+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-05-15, 18:02
+
Arpit Gupta 2013-05-15, 19:54
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-05-15, 18:59
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-05-15, 19:11
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-15, 19:19
+
Karthik Kambatla 2013-05-15, 18:23
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-05-15, 18:32
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-05-15, 19:19
+
Bikas Saha 2013-05-15, 20:16
+
Matt Foley 2013-05-15, 20:23
+
Amir Sanjar 2013-05-15, 18:14
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-05-15, 18:06
+
Nathan Roberts 2013-05-16, 18:28
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-05-17, 07:06
+
eric baldeschwieler 2013-05-15, 20:20
+
Sandy Ryza 2013-05-15, 20:25
+
Matt Foley 2013-05-15, 20:29
+
Eli Collins 2013-05-15, 20:43
+
Zhijie Shen 2013-05-15, 20:47
+
Steve Loughran 2013-05-15, 21:21
+
Chris Douglas 2013-05-15, 22:27
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-15, 23:44
+
Matt Foley 2013-05-15, 23:56
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-15, 22:36
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-05-15, 20:29
Re: [VOTE] - Release 2.0.5-beta
>> lets fork this thread into the appropriate ML and discuss the practical,
achievable
>> steps that can be included into the release criteria of Hadoop 2.0.5-beta

Seems to me common-dev is the appropriate ML, and Arun has invited Jiras to
include.
Open a Jira with your suggested list, and we carry on the discussion from
there.  Does that work?
On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 1:29 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > I propose we continue the original plan and make a 2.0.5-beta release by
> May end with the following content:
>
> I have a very basic question: what are the steps that we, as a community,
> are willing to undertake to ensure that our aggressive release schedule
> (end of May is exactly two weeks away) and our intent of actually
> calling this a beta release would be realistic?
>
> Please tell me if my expectations are incorrect, but to me the -beta would
> signify it being a 'safe' target for the downstream components. We're still
> finding *very* basic and *very* disruptive issues (MAPREDUCE-5240 is
> a good example) that essentially mean DOA for downstream that depends
> on this functionality.
>
> Are we comfortable with delivering 2.0.5-beta and later on starting
> to discover things like MAPREDUCE-5240 more or less accidentally?
>
> As I mentioned in a different thread -- there are a few things that
> Apache Bigtop can help with in that regard -- but they can only
> happen if we as a community agree that they need to happen
> before we can call Hadoop 2.x a beta release.
>
> If this sounds useful to the Hadoop community at large -- lets fork
> this thread into the appropriate ML and discuss the practical, achievable
> steps that can be included into the release criteria of Hadoop 2.0.5-beta
> as it is being discussed here.
>
> Thanks,
> Roman.

+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-05-15, 20:56
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-05-15, 21:14
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-05-15, 21:54
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-05-15, 23:17
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-05-16, 06:34
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-15, 21:20
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-15, 22:02
+
Steve Loughran 2013-05-15, 22:31
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-05-15, 22:50
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-15, 23:47
+
Matt Foley 2013-05-15, 23:54
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-05-16, 06:19
+
Steve Loughran 2013-05-16, 17:22
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-05-17, 19:52
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-05-16, 04:25
+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-05-16, 05:05
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-05-16, 05:41
+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-05-16, 05:52
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-05-16, 06:38
+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-05-16, 07:20
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-16, 18:18
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-05-16, 05:29
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-05-15, 21:15
+
Devaraj Das 2013-05-15, 20:39
+
Robert Evans 2013-05-16, 15:19