Pig >> mail # user >> wrong sort order (lexical vs numeric) in a nested foreach

Re: wrong sort order (lexical vs numeric) in a nested foreach
sorry, premature email :-).

relation = key1 ,key2,orderkey1,val; //schema is
(chararray,int,int,chararray);

groupbykey = group relation by (key1,key2);
foreach groupbykey {
    sorted = order  relation by orderkey1;
    generate flatten($0), MyUDF(sorted);
}

I notice that when the 'sorted' values arrive in my UDF, they are sorted
lexically, not numerically. I checked the schema on the way in and
orderkey1 is definitely an int.

Is there any way to force the order by into a numeric sort?

Thanks,
Lauren