HBase >> mail # user >> Composing your own timestamp

+
Asaf Mesika 2012-07-09, 13:19
Re: Composing your own timestamp
Sorry I did not understand your question. Are you planning to use the
concatenated long as the rowkey to your secondary table?

Best Regards,
Sonal

<http://in.linkedin.com/in/sonalgoyal>

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 6:49 PM, Asaf Mesika <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We've been tinkering around ideas of implementing secondary index.
> One of the ideas is based on concatenating three meaningful fields into a
> long: int, short (2 bytes), short. This long will be used as timestamp when
> issuing a put to the secondary index table.
> This means an puts, timestamp wise, will not occur chronologically. since
> this is not a real timestamp.
>
> Will this create any issues?
>

> Thanks!
>
> Asaf