MapReduce >> mail # user >> Hadoop/Lucene + Solr architecture suggestions?

+
Mark Kerzner 2012-10-10, 02:47
Re: Hadoop/Lucene + Solr architecture suggestions?
I prefer to create indexes in the reducer personally.

Also you can avoid the copies if you use an advanced hadoop-derived distro. Email me off list for details.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 9, 2012, at 7:47 PM, Mark Kerzner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> if I create a Lucene index in each mapper, locally, then copy them to under /jobid/mapid1, /jodid/mapid2, and then in the reducers copy them to some Solr machine (perhaps even merging), does such architecture makes sense, to create a searchable index with Hadoop?
>
> Are there links for similar architectures and questions?
>
> Thank you. Sincerely,
> Mark
+
Lance Norskog 2012-10-11, 02:15